Thursday, November 12, 2009

Reflection 10

I've missed lots of class lately, so I haven't observed classmates teaching. I always learn from them, so being absent has been to my disadvantage.

But, I watched a bit of Anthony's teaching today. He did really well; I appreciated the preparation and advanced activity plan for us to recap the STLs. I think because I came late, I was a little confused. I came to understand towards the end, although there was no real recap or summation and so I wasn't as clued in as I would have liked to have been.

I think the common things I'm noticing in other's teaching and in creating my own lesson plans is that I often lack a pre-assessment/post-assessment.

*Remember the assessments.

*Have the students always doing something, not necessarily active, but participating. When someone is presenting, they should be taking notes. While watching a movie, they should be looking for certain aspects of the movie. When watching someone else do an activity, they should be writing the steps to certain processes.

*Anthony dressed up super professionally and greeted each person individually and as a class. That's important.

*Have a review/summary. I'm not really good at remembering those things. I tend to move really fast when I get excited and talk, and sometimes lose focus on the specific objectives I teach.

No comments:

Post a Comment